WinRAR is an extremely capable archive manager. It can backup your data, compress email attachments, open and unpack RAR and ZIP archives, and create new archives in these and other widely known file formats.
More than 40 distinct file formats, such as CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE, UUE, BZ2, JAR, ISO, RAR, Zip, or 7Z, can be unpacked. The content of the file will be displayed on the screen when you simply double-click the icon. Next, decide whether to unpack it or run the files directly without unpacking them first.
Multimedia files work best with WinRAR Mac Filehippo. It chooses and recognizes the best compression technique automatically. There is no smarter method to compress files for effective and secure file sharing, quicker email transmission, and well-organized data storage because of all these wonderful advantages.
One of the most comparable alternatives is 7-Zip, including its simple interface and related UI. Even though WinRAR For Mac has more tools and functions, 7-Zip provides faster compression speed. Additionally, WinZip and PeaZip are options. While 7-Zip and PeaZip are free to use, WinZip and WinRAR are trial versions.
Winrar 6.11 Mac Features
- Full support for ZIP 2.0 and RAR 2.0 archives;
- Special algorithms tuned for text, music, graphics, 32-bit and 64-bit Intel executables compression.
- Highly powerful, innovative compression method;
- Shell interface with a wizard and drag-and-drop functionality.
- The command-line interface.
- The handling of non-RAR archives (7Z, ACE, ARJ, BZ2, CAB, GZ, ISO, JAR, LZH, TAR, UUE, Z).
- Solid archiving, which can increase compression ratio by 10% to 50% in comparison to other popular techniques, especially when packing a lot of little, similar data.
- Self-extracting archives made with the default or optional SFX modules, which are also multivolume.
- Recovering physically damaged archives; Reconstruction of missing portions of multivolume archives using recovery volumes.
- Support for Unicode characters in file names.
- Additional service features including encryption, archive comments, problem reporting, etc.